I know! Forgiving is sometimes one of the most difficult things to do but it is one of the most important things we can do for OURSELVES. Forgiveness is a healthy way of dealing with hurt, frustration and anger. The inability to forgive is one of the biggest thorns in our lives that can cause us to lose track of who we are. Sometimes our hurt and pain can overshadow the truth of how real forgiveness can benefit our lives. We mistakenly convince ourselves that forgiveness releases the other person from their obligation or responsibility of the hurt we have experienced. The truth of the matter is, forgiveness is our own release, healing and escape and forgiveness allows us to clear the space that has been tainted and replace it with a new and restored energy.
So, if you are dealing with bitterness and the inability to forgive, it is time change your life and sit with a few of these scriptures each day! They talk about forgiving others, others forgiving us and God’s forgiveness as well. But, don’t forget to forgive YOURSELF as well. That is a huge part of the shame and guilt we feel when we fall short. We hold onto it but, we have to forgive ourselves in the same way we work to forgive others.
If you missed the “Tuesday Tea” session on YouTube, here it is! I know, I know…i’m so good to you right?? After you watch, grab your 15 Forgiveness scriptures below and start your cleansing journey!
1. Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.
2. Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
3. Daniel 9:9 The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him.
4. Psalm 86:5 You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.
5. Psalm 32:1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
6. Psalm 86:5 For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.
7. Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
8. Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
9. Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
10. Luke 6:37 Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
11. Luke 17:3 Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.
12. Luke 17:4 And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, I repent, you shall forgive him.
13. Romans 4:7 Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered.
14. Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
15. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.Tags: bitterness, christian blog, faith blog, forgive yourself, Forgiveness, forgiving, healing, inspirational tea, lifestyle blog, Mental Health, peace of mind, rayna brown, rayna brown blog, self care, spiritual tea